Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pissed about Black Friday

Now idk if this is just me, but I've been going to Black Friday for over 5 consecutive years now. I love the hustle and bustle and the early morning rising to shop for great deals.

It seems like that is all in the past. Now stores are opening at Midnight ON Thanksgiving night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl…

That's a link with the story and retailers doing it ^^^

Now to me Thanksgiving is a time to relax with ur family and enjoy their company. Having to get ready to wait in lines at 9-10pm on this special family night feels like a blow in the face by Big Businesses.
I like to keep my consumerism and familial pleasures separate. That way they can each grow and foster and be in harmony.

This whole thing really bothers me. Plus I did it one year and I was out by 4am from exhaustion. I couldn't even enjoy the fun of Black Friday anymore. Am I suppose to not only ditch my family at 9pm, but also take naps in the middle of the celebration????

Am I the only one feeling this way? I wish this whole things could be blown out of the water, but the fact is we are in a recession and some people NEED to get those great deals. Other people are just plain shoppaholics but that's a whole other issue....

No comments:

Post a Comment